Friday, February 10, 2006

Fall's Well That Ends Well

In a previous post I made my first prediction for the pilot season. I suggested that Fox was likely to air "Welcome to Paradise" this coming Fall.

What other series do I think are likely to be on the networks' Fall schedules?
  • ''Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip'' (Warner Bros. filed for trademark protection on January 31, 2006. Sorkin, Perry, Peet. It's probably a shoe-in.)
  • ''Play Nice'' and ''Jericho'' (CBS Studios filed trademark apps on February 1, 2006 and January 27, 2006, respectively. You can find more details about these two shows in the list of current cbs projects in the futon critic's devwatch database.)
  • ''Fugly'' is my dark horse pick. (Comedy Central filed for protection on January 24, 2006. Otherwise, I've heard very little about the show. The last update for ''Fugly'' is November 18, 2005 in the futon critic's devwatch database.)
In May I'll revisit these two posts after the networks announce their schedules. We'll see if early application for trademark protection really improves a pilot's odds of being picked up.

No comments: