Monday, August 29, 2005

The Long and Shorty of It

We must be officially entering the early portion of the fall TV season. ''Palmetto Point'' premiered yesterday on the i network, while ''Rome'' and ''Parco, PI'' debuted on cable. And ''Prison Break'' premieres on Fox tonight.

Since the new season is upon us, I'm introducing a new feature in the far right sidebar: TV Shorty Watch.

Shorty Watch tracks the number of times a series airs. If a series airs three of fewer times on its debut network, I call it a TV Shorty! If a series airs four or more times, then that skein drops off the list.

(Note: I use airings rather than episodes. That simply means that if you watch Fox's two-hour presentation of ''Prison Break'' tonight, then you will watch a single airing even though you'll see the first two eps.)

I'll update this feature daily.

3 comments:

Marty McKee said...

What the heck is the i network?

dr. tv (mike vicic) said...

The i network is the network formerly known as Pax. The network changed it's name on July 1, 2005.

Marty McKee said...

Now I know what network I'm still not watching. Thanks.