Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Old Habits Pie Hard

When I think about Thanksgiving dinner, my mind usually wanders toward dessert. I'm not a huge fan of pumpkin pie—I'd rather make a chocolate silk mousse pie instead. Or cheesecake. Maybe even cream puffs.

But everybody expects pie on Turkey Day. Since pie is synonymous with T-Day, TV writers take the opportunity to have fun with pie. More than 100 eps include 'pie' in the title, and I've hand-selected some of the more amusing ones here:
  • I Pie (''Good Eats'')
  • In the Sweet Pie and Pie (''The Three Stooges'')
  • Let Them Eat Pie (''My Wife and Kids,'' 11/7/2001)
  • My Kingdom for a Pie (''Adventures of the Gummi Bears'')
  • Pie Pie Blackbird (''Yippee, Yappee, and Yahooey'')
  • Pie Pirates (''Yogi Bear'')
  • The Best Little Pie Shop in Tulsa (''Rodney,'' 6/6/2006)
  • The Masked Pie Smurfer (''Smurfs,'' 9/28/1985)
  • The Night of the Flying Pie Plate (''The Wild Wild West,'' 10/21/1966)
  • The Pie Who Loved Me (''Grim & Evil,'' 10/18/2002)
  • 'Twas the Pie Before Christmas (''The Bob Newhart Show,'' 12/24/1977)

No comments: