Thursday, March 22, 2007

My Crime

It's not my confessional. Don't worry. I haven't committed too many crimes this week. Yet.

"My Crime" is a new show being developed by CPT Holdings, Inc., a subsidiary of Sony Pictures Television International. On March 14, 2007 CPT filed docs with the US Patent & Trademark Office to protect My Crime for various platforms for mystery-themed programming:
  • downloadable, "featuring clues for interactive responses by participants."

  • streaming.

  • television program, "featuring clues for audience participation in solving mystery, via votes from mobile or broadband devices."
Kind of sounds like a cross between AOL's Gold Rush and "Push, Nevada" (ABC, 2002).

We may not know for a while. I sent an RFI e-mail to Gabriella Alaimo Thomas at Sony Pictures Television International, but I received no reply.

In case you were wondering, the domain mycrime.tv is still available. If you're a domain squatter, don't bother unless you want to hold the site. Sony Pictures Television doesn't usually purchase domain names with [series name].tv.

No comments: