Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Don't Cry Over Santa's Spilled Milk

Well, it is that time of year for the token holiday entry. So here goes. Did you ever wonder how TV scribes immortalized Kris Kringle in TV ep names?

You'll find clever names, like ''SantaClaustrophobia.'' Some are based on famous movie quotes: ''Play It Again, Santa.'' While still others are based on song titles: ''Santa's Got a Brand New Bag.''

What song title do holiday-themes shows most frequently reference? I'll give you a hint. The song was #1 on the Billboard Hit charts exactly 53 years ago today. In honor of this very trivial fact, here are ep titles that pay homage to this yuletide carol:
  • I Saw Daddy Hitting Santa Claus (''Grounded for Life,'' 12/19/2001)
  • I Saw Gina Kissing Santa Claus (''Martin,'' 12/17/1992)
  • I Saw Mommy Kicking Santa Clause (''Dave's World,'' 12/13/1993)
  • I Saw Stroker Killing Santa Claus (''Stroker & Hoop'')
  • I Saw Tia Kissing Santa Claus (''All of Us,'' 12/16/2003)

No comments: