Thursday, February 01, 2007

There Is No Box

FX Networks filed docs to protect this phrase last week. I e-mailed FX to request additional information, but I received no reply.

I don't think that's the name of the untitled legal thriller with Ted Danson and Glenn Close. Just doesn't seem to fit.

It's next new series, "The Riches," is already set to preem on March 12. "Dirt" is already airing. I doubt either of those shows will have a name change.

My best guess? There Is No Box will be the new slogan for FX.

Just take a look at the other original series that aired over the last two years on FX.
  • "Nip/Tuck"
  • "The Shield"
  • "Rescue Me"
  • "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia"
  • "30 Days"
  • "Black.White."
  • "Starved"
  • "Thief"
  • "Over There"
  • "NASCAR Drivers: 360"
I would have a hard time putting all those series in the same box. And I think shows like "Nip/Tuck" and "Rescue Me" demonstrate that FX likes to think outside the box for storylines.

FX: There Is No Box.

No comments: