Thursday, September 08, 2005

I'd Like a Large Pizza with Pepperoni and a Constant Gardener

Thursdays are quickly turning into Tech Thursdays; so I thought I'd continue the tradition today. But with a twist. Every so often, like today, I'll do a Retro Tech Thursday.

Today I was following an SUV with four LCDs embedded in the head rests. While I was watching Finding Nemo on one of the screens, the driver slammed on the brakes and swerved into the parking lot for Pizza Hut. LCDs and Pizza Huts don't have much in common, but they reminded me of this older news time.

Pizza Huts offer TV by the slice
AP Report in The Pantagraph (Bloomington, IL; July 9, 1991)

CHICAGO (AP) - Roll into a restaurant booth, order a pizza and drop a few coins in a booth-side television set to view some sports or rock videos.

A coin-operated TV set has been developed by a suburban Rolling Meadows company and is being test-marketed at four suburban pizza parlors.

(+/-)read rest of article



I wonder when every pizza box will have a VOD voucher imprinted so that you truly get dinner and a movie when you get pizza delivered? The cross-promotions would be endless.

No comments: