Monday, October 24, 2005

The More Awards the Merrier

Notice anything new?

Look up. No, not that far. Just below my blog description.

That's right. You can now search a large part of my Awards database with one click of a button. After you select a series and press the 'Find Awards For' button, search results are displayed in a pop-up window.

I was going to slow play this feature. Tease you this week and then slowly unveil more of the database over then next three weeks. I decided to go all-in instead.

Enjoy!

The trivialTV Awards database is still a work in progress.
  • It includes TV awards conferred by more than 130 organizations, but I'll continue to add more. If you know of awards that aren't listed, such as the Cable Ace Awards, send me an e-mail.
  • Data is missing for some years for some awards. I keep careful track of missing data for each and every award and will fill in these gaps. If you notice any missing data, such as the 1974-2002 Daytime Emmy Awards, send me an e-mail.
  • As with any new database, there are bound to be some errors. I'm only human, but I've cross-checked as much as possible. If you find mistakes or notice anything odd, please e-mail me. (For instance, this week I need to fix series, such as ''Survivor'' and ''The Daily Show,'' that have more than one show title so that you can see all awards.)

Don't see your favorite series listed? That means the show doesn't appear in the trivialTV Awards database yet.

No comments: