Monday, November 28, 2005

Absence Makes the Heart of the d/b Grow Larger

Looking for new posts last Thursday and Friday? Thought I took a couple of days off, didn't you?

Nonsense. You just didn't know that I spent the long weekend reading old newspaper articles. Imagine reading posts like this: ''Still reading.'' I spared you such boredom.

Well how much work did I do? Thanks for asking.

I added exactly 300 cable, PBS and syndicated series to the trivialTV database. I also confirmed premiere dates for 453 shows, meaning On This Date now covers 7347 series. That's an average of about 20 series per day.

And the trivialTV database will continue to grow. Of course, I'll continue to add new series. But I still need to confirm premiere dates for 2079 skeins already listed in the d/b. Since I confirm preem dates by network, I always find many new shows in the process. For instance, I added 66 Food Network series this past weekend alone, bringing the d/b grand total to 135 Food Net skeins. Just wait 'til I update PBS.

Rather than performing stealth updates, I decided to make them public. I added a new box at the bottom of the near right column. The feature includes vital stats for the d/b, and these numbers will be updated every Monday. These vitals also give you an idea of the breadth of the features that you've come to know and love.

No comments: